Digital advertising agencies
Annette Walker has over ten years experience as a front-end web coder and has worked for numerous new media agencies including Story Worldwide, Dare Digital and Poke London. Her web consultancy and coding projects has included work for clients such as HSBC, Microsoft, Unilever and the Home Office. She currently works as a part-time freelance web consultant specialising in XHTML and CSS development.
As a freelance web consultant for digital advertising agencies some of Annette’s recent coding work includes:
- Working with designers and other developers to create prototype templates for content management systems e.g. VSL3 (XHTML, CSS, JQuery) [Feb 2011]
- Developing front-end code for a client’s new Facebook application (working closely with a designer and database developer) [Mar 2011]
- Various HTML email campaigns for clients such as Sky and GSK
Other web projects have been focused on developing new websites using WordPress to utilise its user-friendly content management system (CMS). Although WordPress was primarily developed for blogging, it has grown to be a useful CMS for websites that may require regular updating without the need for in-depth knowledge of web development. This is particularly useful for small companies and those with a small/modest budget for a website. As well as web project management, set-up, design and development Annette can provide tailor-made training and support on how to use the WordPress CMS for clients.
WordPress-based websites designed and developed by Annette include:
- My Aerial Home 
- Tap Rhythm Project 
- AirCraft Circus [2009 WordPress set-up]
- All Tied Up Entertainment 
- Annette Walker’s own website and blog [in progress]
* Front-end web code skills include XHTML, HTML5, CSS, JQuery and HTML4 for email.